Monday, September 02, 2013

L.A. WITH ADIDAS NEO: SUNSET MARQUIS

Sunset Marquis

As if being called at every single lay-over just to make sure I was alright and being picked up by a driver  (same driver who picked me up and brought me back to the airport when it was time to say goodbye to L.A.)  in a Lincoln having my own party in the backseat with Kendrick Lamar playing at full blast (my driver was the best!!) wasn't already cute enough, I was allowed to call the beautiful Sunset Marquis my home for 3 days. It was all very overwhelming and quite fascinating for me. Sunset Marquis is a beautiful place to stay at. It's right in the center of West Hollywood. A walk away from La Cienega :D
Me and my best friend had googled the hotel prior to my trip, but those Google images do no justice.

Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis

It has a beautiful outside pool that catches the sun from morning til dawn. The hallways look straight out of a Hollywood movie, really mysterious. I got lost in them on my way out and in almost every time until I realized it's just that first turn on the right and the very last elevator. And my room, oh I was in love with it. Don't let me get started on the bed.  Every night felt like climbing into heaven. I even did that hotelbed jump thing.
First thing I did when I arrived was take a hot shower, turned on the TV and caught an episode of Prince of Bel Air (it's like the Sunset knows me!) until I fell asleep.

Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis Sunset Marquis

Also I can tell you 'breakfast in bed' is awesome! I managed to order breakfast for 4 people, because clearly you get more than what you expect when ticking of "Sunrise Breakfast" and "Two Eggs Sunny Side with Grapefruit juice" (whatever the name was) or I just don't know how to read hotel menus..

Sunset Marquis is beautifully lite at night. Sadly I didn't take any pictures of it at night. It has like a secret garden where all the villas are hidden and the fountains and fishes are along with the second bar.

I even got a taste of a little Society Party for an art exhibition on my last day inside the Hotel's little museum, I call it, by Julia Lennon. But I'm used to those, I know what they're like from my events here in Berlin. Though Berlin's society is nothing compared to L.A.'s of course. A Member of the NEO Team believed to have spotted Kim Katrall.
And rumour had it that Chris Brown happend to stay there while I was there.
But rumours are rumours right?


The Sunset Marquis is quite amazing.


Somebody book me one more night at the Sunset Marquis again, pretty please?


Love Lois xxx


1 comment:

  1. wow! that's amazing!
    muah*
    mariana

    http://asouthbreeze.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and make my day :) Thank you for all your amazing comments! I read each and everyone of them xxx Love Lois